Puppy Love
We have a puppy! Well, she's 4, but she's still cute as a puppy! We adopted Widget (nee Paula) on Saturday February 12. She's a grey and black Cairn Terrier mix and she's just about perfect.
Frank, Connie and I drove up to the Last Chance Ranch (LCR) in Quakertown to meet her after I talked to her foster mom Diane for 2 hours on Wednesday. I hadn't even seen a picture of the dog, but she sounded so sweet. Paula, as she was then called, had been given up to the PSPCA in Philadelphia in January I believe, and had been pulled from that shelter by LCR shortly after admission. Paula was adopted at the beginning of February by a very nice older woman who was totally in love with her. Unfortunately one day her granddaughter was visiting and knocked over a bunch of pans behind Paula (so the story goes) and the frightened dog spun around and bit the girl. Sadly Paula was returned to LCR after only being gone a week because the woman couldn't risk that happening again.
We pulled Connie away from the other fuzzy creatures in the shelter, renamed Paula "Widget" and she was soon settling into the house with us. She is definitely a momma's girl, but won over Frank at the first meeting. She's just a love bug. Sadly she and Natasha do not mix. Terrier + Ferret=Wild Kingdom footage, so we are working on that balancing act.
Interestingly, I dropped some stuff behind her on Sunday and she ran out of the laundry room, then came back all love and wiggles. I have a feeling that her last owner's granddaughter may have been forcing some affection on Widget before the pan incident. Ah well, our gain!
With all the trials of the past dogs this makes it all worth it. I have my cuddle buddy and walk buddy, and she even manages to wiggle up with Frank and I when we curl up on the couch. It's pretty much the cutest thing ever.
Frank, Connie and I drove up to the Last Chance Ranch (LCR) in Quakertown to meet her after I talked to her foster mom Diane for 2 hours on Wednesday. I hadn't even seen a picture of the dog, but she sounded so sweet. Paula, as she was then called, had been given up to the PSPCA in Philadelphia in January I believe, and had been pulled from that shelter by LCR shortly after admission. Paula was adopted at the beginning of February by a very nice older woman who was totally in love with her. Unfortunately one day her granddaughter was visiting and knocked over a bunch of pans behind Paula (so the story goes) and the frightened dog spun around and bit the girl. Sadly Paula was returned to LCR after only being gone a week because the woman couldn't risk that happening again.
We pulled Connie away from the other fuzzy creatures in the shelter, renamed Paula "Widget" and she was soon settling into the house with us. She is definitely a momma's girl, but won over Frank at the first meeting. She's just a love bug. Sadly she and Natasha do not mix. Terrier + Ferret=Wild Kingdom footage, so we are working on that balancing act.
Interestingly, I dropped some stuff behind her on Sunday and she ran out of the laundry room, then came back all love and wiggles. I have a feeling that her last owner's granddaughter may have been forcing some affection on Widget before the pan incident. Ah well, our gain!
With all the trials of the past dogs this makes it all worth it. I have my cuddle buddy and walk buddy, and she even manages to wiggle up with Frank and I when we curl up on the couch. It's pretty much the cutest thing ever.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home