90% of the Time Your Mother is Right
I've noted the sentiment in the title of this post on FB and to several people, but I wanted to introduce this missive with it as well. For over a year my mother has been mentioning a No Flour No Sugar (NFNS)diet that Dr. Gott (a syndicated columnist in her local paper) has written about. My response had been "I don't need another fad diet." Finally in November I told her I would talk it over with my doctor and if she was on board I would try it. Doc looked it over and felt it was a pretty good plan: No flour, no added sugar. And looking over the recipes, they actually sounded pretty good. So the journey began.
I lost 4 pounds the first week. If I'd listened to my mother sooner I'd possibly be celebrating making my weight goal this month. I try not to dwell on that one. She's right. She's usually right. I get it.
So since the end of November I've lost over 20 lbs. I'm pretty happy, but there's a long way to go. I'm exercising 5 times a week (combination mile walks with Widget if the day is too nice to be in the gym, elliptical, and weight training) and trying to stay faithful to NFNS, but I when we go out to eat there is usually something bread-like that finds it's way to me. Yes, it isn't chocolate I miss, it's bread.
I've been losing about a pound a week, which again, I'm happy with, but they are getting harder. It's like trying to kick an adult child out of the house! I want my fat to go out into the world and have a life of it's own, maybe on a nice super model. Just not on my thighs! So with cursing and exercise I am slowly evicting the fat. It knows it isn't welcome back, there won't be room.
But for the first time in I can't tell you when, I am having a good body day. I got up this morning and just put on a shirt and khakis. No vest, no sweater. Didn't feel the need to cover up or hide. Pretty cool.
Went to the gym after work and reminded myself how little upper body strength I have. On the way to the locker room I braved the scale. It's one of the slider scales. The one I use is at work, but I was curious. So I set it for what I expected and stepped up. Kathunk! I needed to take weight off to balance it! Whoot!
After I got the puppy settled at home I tried out a few costume ideas for the Steampunk Worlds Fair. Some of the tighter items are fitting better! Feeling brave I took a run at the island of too small jeans and actually reclaimed 3 pairs! Of course I decided I no longer liked 2 of them, but that isn't the point! I'm making progress!
And just to prove to Fat that it isn't welcome back, as I reclaim the smaller size jeans I'm getting rid of the ones that are too big. Get out means get out and stay out!
I lost 4 pounds the first week. If I'd listened to my mother sooner I'd possibly be celebrating making my weight goal this month. I try not to dwell on that one. She's right. She's usually right. I get it.
So since the end of November I've lost over 20 lbs. I'm pretty happy, but there's a long way to go. I'm exercising 5 times a week (combination mile walks with Widget if the day is too nice to be in the gym, elliptical, and weight training) and trying to stay faithful to NFNS, but I when we go out to eat there is usually something bread-like that finds it's way to me. Yes, it isn't chocolate I miss, it's bread.
I've been losing about a pound a week, which again, I'm happy with, but they are getting harder. It's like trying to kick an adult child out of the house! I want my fat to go out into the world and have a life of it's own, maybe on a nice super model. Just not on my thighs! So with cursing and exercise I am slowly evicting the fat. It knows it isn't welcome back, there won't be room.
But for the first time in I can't tell you when, I am having a good body day. I got up this morning and just put on a shirt and khakis. No vest, no sweater. Didn't feel the need to cover up or hide. Pretty cool.
Went to the gym after work and reminded myself how little upper body strength I have. On the way to the locker room I braved the scale. It's one of the slider scales. The one I use is at work, but I was curious. So I set it for what I expected and stepped up. Kathunk! I needed to take weight off to balance it! Whoot!
After I got the puppy settled at home I tried out a few costume ideas for the Steampunk Worlds Fair. Some of the tighter items are fitting better! Feeling brave I took a run at the island of too small jeans and actually reclaimed 3 pairs! Of course I decided I no longer liked 2 of them, but that isn't the point! I'm making progress!
And just to prove to Fat that it isn't welcome back, as I reclaim the smaller size jeans I'm getting rid of the ones that are too big. Get out means get out and stay out!

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home