Making a Mess
All good things come from chaos. All good chaos is messy. I've been making a good mess.
It has been ages since I've sculpted. So long in fact I don't think Frank has ever seen me do it! I haven't had anything I really wanted to work on. I suffer from the "now what do I do with it?" syndrome. My mind doesn't work to the more fantastic areas, more the practical, so I am far from the tortured artist who MUST CREATE. I love doing it, but don't become obsessed by a vision. I think of myself as a mocking bird. I can copy most anything. Translating forms is pretty easy and I don't consider that particularly creative. It's what you do with those translations that is art.
My current project is more craft than art, but if it turns out as well as I hope it should be pretty neat. It is definitely a labor of love. That said, let's hope it doesn't turn out like a kindergarten art project! I'll keep you posted!
It has been ages since I've sculpted. So long in fact I don't think Frank has ever seen me do it! I haven't had anything I really wanted to work on. I suffer from the "now what do I do with it?" syndrome. My mind doesn't work to the more fantastic areas, more the practical, so I am far from the tortured artist who MUST CREATE. I love doing it, but don't become obsessed by a vision. I think of myself as a mocking bird. I can copy most anything. Translating forms is pretty easy and I don't consider that particularly creative. It's what you do with those translations that is art.
My current project is more craft than art, but if it turns out as well as I hope it should be pretty neat. It is definitely a labor of love. That said, let's hope it doesn't turn out like a kindergarten art project! I'll keep you posted!
Labels: Project X

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home