Bear Necessities

Sunday, March 18, 2007

Snow Days

As promised, Friday gave us some nasty weather, just earlier than predicted. I did what I needed to do at work then made my escape about noon. The drive home was slow, but safe. I passed a few little accidents, but nothing that looked like anyone got seriously hurt, so that was good.

Since I was home early Tom headed down early, arriving before the snow started. I made Lydia's famous lasagna, but without the sausage since it was a Lenten Friday. It was amazing, even if I do say so myself. After dinner we watched Clerks 2, which though very wrong was much better than the first one as far as I was concerned.

Saturday dawned very bright. The snow had stopped and the sun came out...and I slept in. I woke up around 9:30 alone in bed. Tom had gotten up and decided to do his morning thing without bothering me. I found him in the living room playing WoW and curled up on the couch with him. Callie even joined us...it seems she has transferred some of her adoration for his computer bag to him. We had a lazy morning. I made pancakes...from scratch. I like the ones from a box better, but they weren't bad, just not very exciting. Tom got a delayed meat fix from the sausage and was tickled as always that I fed him.

After showers and getting out of pjs we braved the outdoors to clear off the cars. It wasn't too bad really. He opted to make another go at his later in the afternoon when the sun had a little more time to work. I moved mine to a cleaner spot and called it good. Once back in the apartment I succumbed to a headache. It had been nagging behind my eyes for a while, but I'd been hoping it would give up before I did. Tom was sitting on the couch reading so I just put my head in his lap and closed my eyes. Sometimes the best cure is just resting your head and having someone put a hand on your cheek. Odd, but effective.

Later Tom went out to take another crack at his car and I made us cocoa when he came back in. Since it was St. Patrick's Day we had a couple options for the rest of the day. At one point we were going to head to Bethlehem to see Julie and her brother Brian sing, but then the weather made us think twice about the trip. Jill reminded me that this would be the first year in ages that we didn't go to a Mexican restaurant for St. Patty's day, and since Ambler has 2 of them we sided with tradition.

We joined Jill and Dan for dinner at Agave: Dinner was good, dessert was unbelievable! Even the coffee was amazing. After dinner we headed back to chez Wentzel to try out the new Order of the Stick game. It looks like it will be a lot of fun, unfortunately I think we were a little too food addled and tired to appreciate it. We opted to regroup for it next weekend and move on to the Bean Game. Okay, Jill is right, it is pretty great. Tom and I were concentrating on learning the game, not forming a strategy, so The Beast of the Game turned out to be Dan. I've decided to make a Bean Beast crown...to be handed from winner to winner.

Soon it was time to head home, and after walking me to my door Tom headed home as well. It was an early to bed for me, Callie triumphantly claiming her spot on the bed once again.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home