Socializing
Last night was motorcycle jacket shopping with Monie, part 2. Happily she found one and looks quite hot in it. It was even going on sale the next week and the cool guy who was helping us gave her an advance discount. Very nice. Monie was then off to see Tara and I came home to noodle around.
Tom called and related another stressful day of unexpected fun. His car needed a new muffler so he had made an appointment to have it replace that afternoon. It turns out it wasn't the muffler but a wheel baring and through a series of unfortunate events he spent most of the day at the mechanics. This meant he got nothing done with the day, so our initial decision not to get together until Sunday was a good choice. He decided he might just need a Tom day Sunday, and I suggested we make it definite. It's been a while since we've had a weekend to ourselves, so it seemed like a good time.
The rest of the evening was wrapping birthday and christening presents. I also tried to bribe Don into going hiking with me Sunday morning, but he had a game day planned at his place, but I was welcome to come. Later in the evening I chatted with John for a bit, caught up on lacrosse scores and had my character tested...I passed by the skin of my teeth. I am such a sucker for a challenge, and I dislike walking away.
This morning I made scones...but these were sour cream scones and though they came out perfectly I have discovered I'm not overly fond of the recipe. Live and learn. I got word that Greg and Aly would be around this afternoon so I popped over there before seeing Julie and Lotte. Happy birthday Aly! I dropped off her card and we all caught up a bit, Julia showed me her big girl bed and I learned her guppies have had copious amounts of babies. Pretty neat if I do say so myself.
Then off to Chez Reisse where I found the lovely Julie and a lunch covered Smooshie. Oh the teeth! She has 4, the upper and lower fronts and is sooo adorable! There was much giggling as I attached Lotte with little sock balls while Mommy got some laundry done. Julie and I did some catching up and some talking about next weekends birthday festivities (Chuck and Charlotte). It should be a fun Sunday.
And now the cookies are made for gaming tomorrow, my computer system is updated and I am going to do a little cleaning then veg out. Busy, but happy...and isn't that how it should be?
Tom called and related another stressful day of unexpected fun. His car needed a new muffler so he had made an appointment to have it replace that afternoon. It turns out it wasn't the muffler but a wheel baring and through a series of unfortunate events he spent most of the day at the mechanics. This meant he got nothing done with the day, so our initial decision not to get together until Sunday was a good choice. He decided he might just need a Tom day Sunday, and I suggested we make it definite. It's been a while since we've had a weekend to ourselves, so it seemed like a good time.
The rest of the evening was wrapping birthday and christening presents. I also tried to bribe Don into going hiking with me Sunday morning, but he had a game day planned at his place, but I was welcome to come. Later in the evening I chatted with John for a bit, caught up on lacrosse scores and had my character tested...I passed by the skin of my teeth. I am such a sucker for a challenge, and I dislike walking away.
This morning I made scones...but these were sour cream scones and though they came out perfectly I have discovered I'm not overly fond of the recipe. Live and learn. I got word that Greg and Aly would be around this afternoon so I popped over there before seeing Julie and Lotte. Happy birthday Aly! I dropped off her card and we all caught up a bit, Julia showed me her big girl bed and I learned her guppies have had copious amounts of babies. Pretty neat if I do say so myself.
Then off to Chez Reisse where I found the lovely Julie and a lunch covered Smooshie. Oh the teeth! She has 4, the upper and lower fronts and is sooo adorable! There was much giggling as I attached Lotte with little sock balls while Mommy got some laundry done. Julie and I did some catching up and some talking about next weekends birthday festivities (Chuck and Charlotte). It should be a fun Sunday.
And now the cookies are made for gaming tomorrow, my computer system is updated and I am going to do a little cleaning then veg out. Busy, but happy...and isn't that how it should be?

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home