Bear Necessities

Tuesday, January 26, 2010

They Like Me!

Wow, it's been a while, hasn't it? Well since last I blogged I've changed jobs and am finding less excuses to put off wedding planning as the date gets closer. Other than that, not much has exploded, and for that I am grateful!

The new job is working out really well. I'm busy most days and learning a lot. And today I got some very positive feedback from the main office in MA so I'm feeling pretty good this morning. It's always nice to know you are meeting or exeeding what the folks who hired you were hoping for.

So far aside from my admin duties which include approving training funding requests, expense reports, employee action notices and delivering mail I've come through a few interesting events okay:

  1. The main coffee machine broke! This is like losing a limb here. I made some calls and after 3 techs from 2 companies came out we were up and running.
  2. Surprise lunch for big client! With little to go on I managed to get danish for breakfast and a nice lunch in for one of our larger clients on less than 24 hours notice.
  3. Roof leaking! Okay, I just called the building manager, but still I did it before people started panicing.

Add to that a lost pocket knife and locating wandering coworkers and I'm feeling needed, which is nice.

And now something I really am not used to...off to a meeting!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home