Week 1...mostly
So Monday was a very yummy flax seed waffle with bananas, nutmeg, cinnamon and pecans, and a cup of coffee, for breakfast. Lunch was brought in, but instead of getting the pancakes or French toast I went with scrambled eggs and fresh fruit. Too much salt in the eggs, but overall not a bad compromise. Snack was part skim string cheese, brazil nuts, baby carrots and an apple. Then it was off to the gym where Sean had me work my arms until I couldn’t lift them. Dinner was not in the book, we had Indian: Madras Lentils, Punjab Cholie and basmati rice. And 2 liters of Sassy water…and a beer.
Tuesday was ¾ cup of oatmeal with blueberries and pecans, and a cup of coffee, for breakfast. Lunch was brought in, this time a tomato, basil and mozzarella sandwich on marble rye with fresh fruit…and a cookie. I at the cookie and truth be told, as good as it was, it was heavy. Snack was non-fat French vanilla yogurt (Stoneyfield Farm, really good), a cup of skim milk, brazil nuts. Then off to the gym for 30 minutes on the elliptical. Dinner was whole wheat penne pasta with red bell pepper, broccoli florettes, onion, garlic, fresh basil, Italian cheese blend and non-fat ricotta cheese. Not my favorite but I learned that I really should just make one portion for me and something else for Frank. Easy enough to do with pasta. And 2 liters of Sassy water.
Wednesday was that yummy banana waffle again, and a cup of coffee, for breakfast! Lunch was a turkey wrap that meant well. I couldn’t find a whole wheat wrap at Trader Joe’s so I picked up brown rice wraps…they are brittle chewy things. So what should have been a wrap turned into more of a salad. There was turkey, tomato, onion and romaine lettuce. Snack time brought string cheese, sunflower seeds and unsalted, unbuttered popcorn with parmesan cheese sprinkled on. That was a cool idea. Trainer Sean had me do 15 minutes of step aerobics and another 15 of leg work, then I bicycled with Connie for 25 minutes. Dinner was leftover cheesy veggie pasta (better the second day oddly enough) for me and masala burgers for Frank. And 2 liters of Sassy water…
Thursday was blueberry oatmeal, and a cup of coffee, again for breakfast. Lunch was a meatball pita-2 veggie meatballs, some Paul Newman marinara sauce with a little olive oil added and some Italian cheese shreds in a whole wheat pita. Quite good. Snack was yogurt, skim milk, pecans and an orange. No gym after work because I usually take Thursday off for gaming. I got home and plopped on the couch, and felt munchy. Hm…this is not good. So I got up and cleaned the bathtub. Then headed for the kitchen where I made my Sassy water for the next day, did the dishes and decided to start my dinner. Frank was working late and I was planning on having turkey with my pasta so I figured I’d go ahead and make my cup of pasta, brown the ground turkey and sauté the tomato and basil in olive oil. There was supposed to be broccoli too, but I forgot and used it all in the cheesy veggie pasta on Tuesday. So I added 2 tbsps of marinara sauce. Again, quite good. I did the dishes and when I sat back down on the couch I wasn’t munchy.
So all this makes me think that the actual food prep is important. There’s something relaxing about chopping the veggies and following the recipe. You aren’t thinking about what happened at work, or what needs to be cleaned. You’re just making sure you don’t lose a finger. And you aren’t sitting on the couch bored.
I have to admit, I do feel like I have more energy. And this morning? Well with all the snow I decided to wear jeans to work today, and they fit better! That was quite exciting. So breakfast was a banana waffle (and a cup of coffee), lunch is being brought in and I plan on doing tofu and veggies, snack is string cheese, nuts, an apple and carrots and of course Sassy water! I don’t know about dinner because it’s time to go to the store.
Oh, my greatest triumph of the week? I actually used all the fresh fruit and veggies before they went funky! Whoo hoo! That’s actually something the book strives for, which I think is pretty awesome.
Next: Anti-Bloat-can Liz make it 4 days without coffee?
Tuesday was ¾ cup of oatmeal with blueberries and pecans, and a cup of coffee, for breakfast. Lunch was brought in, this time a tomato, basil and mozzarella sandwich on marble rye with fresh fruit…and a cookie. I at the cookie and truth be told, as good as it was, it was heavy. Snack was non-fat French vanilla yogurt (Stoneyfield Farm, really good), a cup of skim milk, brazil nuts. Then off to the gym for 30 minutes on the elliptical. Dinner was whole wheat penne pasta with red bell pepper, broccoli florettes, onion, garlic, fresh basil, Italian cheese blend and non-fat ricotta cheese. Not my favorite but I learned that I really should just make one portion for me and something else for Frank. Easy enough to do with pasta. And 2 liters of Sassy water.
Wednesday was that yummy banana waffle again, and a cup of coffee, for breakfast! Lunch was a turkey wrap that meant well. I couldn’t find a whole wheat wrap at Trader Joe’s so I picked up brown rice wraps…they are brittle chewy things. So what should have been a wrap turned into more of a salad. There was turkey, tomato, onion and romaine lettuce. Snack time brought string cheese, sunflower seeds and unsalted, unbuttered popcorn with parmesan cheese sprinkled on. That was a cool idea. Trainer Sean had me do 15 minutes of step aerobics and another 15 of leg work, then I bicycled with Connie for 25 minutes. Dinner was leftover cheesy veggie pasta (better the second day oddly enough) for me and masala burgers for Frank. And 2 liters of Sassy water…
Thursday was blueberry oatmeal, and a cup of coffee, again for breakfast. Lunch was a meatball pita-2 veggie meatballs, some Paul Newman marinara sauce with a little olive oil added and some Italian cheese shreds in a whole wheat pita. Quite good. Snack was yogurt, skim milk, pecans and an orange. No gym after work because I usually take Thursday off for gaming. I got home and plopped on the couch, and felt munchy. Hm…this is not good. So I got up and cleaned the bathtub. Then headed for the kitchen where I made my Sassy water for the next day, did the dishes and decided to start my dinner. Frank was working late and I was planning on having turkey with my pasta so I figured I’d go ahead and make my cup of pasta, brown the ground turkey and sauté the tomato and basil in olive oil. There was supposed to be broccoli too, but I forgot and used it all in the cheesy veggie pasta on Tuesday. So I added 2 tbsps of marinara sauce. Again, quite good. I did the dishes and when I sat back down on the couch I wasn’t munchy.
So all this makes me think that the actual food prep is important. There’s something relaxing about chopping the veggies and following the recipe. You aren’t thinking about what happened at work, or what needs to be cleaned. You’re just making sure you don’t lose a finger. And you aren’t sitting on the couch bored.
I have to admit, I do feel like I have more energy. And this morning? Well with all the snow I decided to wear jeans to work today, and they fit better! That was quite exciting. So breakfast was a banana waffle (and a cup of coffee), lunch is being brought in and I plan on doing tofu and veggies, snack is string cheese, nuts, an apple and carrots and of course Sassy water! I don’t know about dinner because it’s time to go to the store.
Oh, my greatest triumph of the week? I actually used all the fresh fruit and veggies before they went funky! Whoo hoo! That’s actually something the book strives for, which I think is pretty awesome.
Next: Anti-Bloat-can Liz make it 4 days without coffee?
Labels: Diet

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home