Day 1 of 28
So now I begin day 1 of a 28 day regimen which will hopefully be a lifelong lifestyle change. Having already done a week of this before I'll tell you what I like:
After work, which I left 30 minutes later than usual, I talked to my trainer and rescheduled my appointment because there was no way I was going to make it on time. I toyed with the idea of skipping the gym-I was tired, keyed up-but hey, I needed to work out the kinks of the day! So 30 minutes on the treadmill and some core exercises from the book and I was on my way home by 7.
I got in, let Tasha out of her cage and watched her bounce around for a minute then cleaned up the kitchen and prepped sassy water for the next day. Frank got home and I started dinner, nothing fancy just whole grain pasta with sauce, meatless meatballs and a little extra olive oil (and garlic bread for Frank)-and we caught up on each other's days while it cooked. We settled in on the couch to watch Underworld: Rise of the Lycans.
After the movie I cleaned up and made lunch for today, then took a little more time to play with the ferret before heading to bed, happy and relaxed.
- I like the planning it makes me do. I need to sit down and think about what I'm going to eat for the week to come. This makes grocery shopping easier too. And if I've planned what I'm eating when it saves a lot of staring into the fridge going "what should I pack for lunch?"
- I like that some of the things I was eating before are actually meals on this diet, just without the bread and with a specific portion size. It makes this feel like less of a change.
- I like the exercise schedule. There is something to be said for regularity and knowing what you should be doing on what day. Much like the fridge, it cuts down on standing around at the gym going, "what now?"
- Also with the exercise I'm finding I was doing the right things, I just need to focus a little more and make a few tweeks. And the sassy water is great at the gym!
- I like the questions to answer in the journal pages. It gives me something to write about other than am I hungry, what did I eat and how do I feel.
- And I like the food. There aren't a lot of odd foods you've never heard of. It's stuff you know you should be eating but either you weren't or you didn't know what to do with it when you got it.
After work, which I left 30 minutes later than usual, I talked to my trainer and rescheduled my appointment because there was no way I was going to make it on time. I toyed with the idea of skipping the gym-I was tired, keyed up-but hey, I needed to work out the kinks of the day! So 30 minutes on the treadmill and some core exercises from the book and I was on my way home by 7.
I got in, let Tasha out of her cage and watched her bounce around for a minute then cleaned up the kitchen and prepped sassy water for the next day. Frank got home and I started dinner, nothing fancy just whole grain pasta with sauce, meatless meatballs and a little extra olive oil (and garlic bread for Frank)-and we caught up on each other's days while it cooked. We settled in on the couch to watch Underworld: Rise of the Lycans.
After the movie I cleaned up and made lunch for today, then took a little more time to play with the ferret before heading to bed, happy and relaxed.
Labels: Diet

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home