Bear Necessities

Tuesday, March 02, 2010

Day 3

Well so far so good. Day three was the first day doing this at work. Of course being Monday it was also a day we brought in lunch. Yes, I managed to not succumb to the call of Boston Market. I did bring leftovers home for Frank though.


My plan for the morning was rushed a bit as I forgot I needed to pick up a condolence card for one of my coworkers. This being the case, breakfast happened at work. Cup of cornflakes, cup of skim milk, quarter cup of sunflower seeds and SW.

It was an interesting day. I found out from an overly loud conference call that my boss wouldn’t be in today. I really need to try to get him to send me a note when he’s not going to be in the office. We’ll see how that goes over. There was some tail chasing, a lot of explaining, and the delivery of a ball gown for The Steampunk World’s Faire. Whoo hoo!

Lunch was tuna, sunflower seeds and steamed carrots, with SW to wash it down. This was pretty much the least exciting meal so far. Around 4 I found out the hard way that you can’t make a smoothie ahead of time. Yuck. I had a piece of cornbread instead. Not a great substitute, but no one’s perfect.

I worked on some inventory stuff and soon it was time to go. I headed to the gym for some cardio with Connie then home where I met up with Monie and we did some grocery shopping. We stopped at BK before hand to get Monie some dinner and I managed to not steal a fry. The shopping and dinner was great catch up time, but we both agree we need an actual outing soon. Probably the end of the month.

Once home Frank warmed up some mac and cheese, and some mashed potatoes while I sautéed some mushrooms, heated some brown rice and grilled some chicken. I have to say I really enjoyed the mushrooms. And Frank loved the smell of the Mrs. Dash. I wonder how it works on tofu?

We sat down for dinner and caught up a bit on each other’s days and then he had some things to finish and I had dishes and sassy water to make. I had a burst of energy to I tidied the kitchen, organized the freezer and the fridge and then it was time for bed. The TV was never turned on last night, which is pretty cool.

The only down side was waking up at 1 AM with abdominal cramps. As I sat in the bathroom wondering if I was going to throw up too I realized it was quite possible I’d caught the same thing that has had Frank’s tummy upset for 3 days. It was not fun, but at least I was home. I felt fine this morning so whatever it was, it passed (pun intended).

Tomorrow: One more day until coffee!

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home