Day 2
I survived the fish! And Lydia was very right in her description of tilapia as being a very mild fish, but more on that later.
Sunday was a rather lazy day in that I stayed in my jammies, but I did manage to clean the apartment pretty well so not as lazy as it could have been. Breakfast was a bowl of unsweetened cornflakes, a cup of skim milk, 1/4 cup of sunflower seeds and unsweetened pear sauce (I subsitiuted for applesauce just for something different).
I puttered around the house and soon it was time for lunch. Another 4 oz of deli turkey, string cheese and a pint of grape tomatoes. Rather yummy again. I have to admit that I’m feeling pretty good about the balance of this diet. Instead of my smoothie for a snack I had a tortilla, a little carb breakdown on my part.
Dinner was the challenge. Not only do I not like fish generally, I’ve never cooked it so I was off to the internet for a recipe. I ended up coating the tilapia in Mrs. Dash Italian blend and frying it in a tbsp of olive oil. It didn’t smell at all fishy when it cooked and it went smoothly. I also roasted a red potato (with more Mrs. Dash, how I love that woman!) and steamed some green beans. Once all was cooked I stared at my plate a bit, poked the fish, ate some beans, poked the fish, ate some potato, poked the fish…while Frank looked on and did his best not to laugh. He was having veggie pot pie, just so you know I’m not starving the vegetarian.
I finally took a little bite of the fish, and it tasted like warm Mrs. Dash! Yay! It was actually pretty good, nothing that will ever go on my favorites list, but not something I will be afraid of in the future. If nothing else this diet is getting me to explore foods I normally would avoid. I still hate squash though.
And I’m much less puffy, yay!
Tomorrow: Avoiding Boston Market and day 3 without coffee!
Sunday was a rather lazy day in that I stayed in my jammies, but I did manage to clean the apartment pretty well so not as lazy as it could have been. Breakfast was a bowl of unsweetened cornflakes, a cup of skim milk, 1/4 cup of sunflower seeds and unsweetened pear sauce (I subsitiuted for applesauce just for something different).
I puttered around the house and soon it was time for lunch. Another 4 oz of deli turkey, string cheese and a pint of grape tomatoes. Rather yummy again. I have to admit that I’m feeling pretty good about the balance of this diet. Instead of my smoothie for a snack I had a tortilla, a little carb breakdown on my part.
Dinner was the challenge. Not only do I not like fish generally, I’ve never cooked it so I was off to the internet for a recipe. I ended up coating the tilapia in Mrs. Dash Italian blend and frying it in a tbsp of olive oil. It didn’t smell at all fishy when it cooked and it went smoothly. I also roasted a red potato (with more Mrs. Dash, how I love that woman!) and steamed some green beans. Once all was cooked I stared at my plate a bit, poked the fish, ate some beans, poked the fish, ate some potato, poked the fish…while Frank looked on and did his best not to laugh. He was having veggie pot pie, just so you know I’m not starving the vegetarian.
I finally took a little bite of the fish, and it tasted like warm Mrs. Dash! Yay! It was actually pretty good, nothing that will ever go on my favorites list, but not something I will be afraid of in the future. If nothing else this diet is getting me to explore foods I normally would avoid. I still hate squash though.
And I’m much less puffy, yay!
Tomorrow: Avoiding Boston Market and day 3 without coffee!
Labels: Diet

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home