Bear Necessities

Tuesday, March 02, 2010

Dear Lord

Yes, another rant.  I'm starting to think people really are getting dumber.  Last night I heard a story of a really befuddling jewel heist in the city. A man, woman and 4 year old child walk into the store and rob it. They run out of the store, the woman going one way and the man and child going another. The store owner pursues the man and child. As he catches up the man turns, cuts the owners throat and runs away, leaving the child behind with the body. The police catch up, take the boy into protective custody where he is able to identify his parents and they are arrest shortly after.


I have the same questions as the stunned police officer who was interviewed:

1) Why on earth would you take your child to a robbery?

2) How could any parent just leave a child behind?

When Frank and I were talking about it last night I made jokes about how expensive babysitters were, and they could have just left the kid in the car…oh wait, no car. He then pointed out the improbability of robbing a jewelry store without a car.

What the hell are people thinking? Or perhaps this was just an impulse felony…sigh

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home