Day 2 of 28-The importance of planning.
Yesterday was another challenge, but in a good way. The day was easy enough, it usually is at work. I had my oatmeal with blue berries and walnuts for breakfast, pasta for lunch and a cut back snack of yogurt and sunflower seeds because I was going out to dinner with Will later.
It was actually a pretty productive day, personally and professionally. I got the office in order and then in my down time made 2 spread sheets: One for meals and one for exercise. My plan is to post the meals in the kitchen and the exercise stuff can stay with my gym clothes. I’d sat down Tuesday night and planned out the rest of the week and found it so nice to just go to the list instead of standing around thinking about stuff at the last minute that I thought this would be worth a try.
Anyhow, Will and I went to From the Boot in Ambler (next to the Ambler Theater). It was nice, got a little noisier and a little busier by 7:30, but not bad at all. I got a side house salad with a vinaigrette dressing and their margharita chicken. Beware it comes with linguini and sauce on the side, had I realized this I would have told them to skip it instead of waste it. After dinner Will had tea and I had coffee. We headed back to the apartment where we met up with Frank for some chatting before Will got on the road home.
After he left I crunched the numbers and yes! I came in just under 1600 calories! Oh the triumph! When I sat down to journal my day the question to contemplate was “What 4 things will help you stay on track?” I put down these:
1. Keeping my enthusiasm up
2. Frank’s support
3. Keeping a positive attitude even when there are set backs
…and I couldn’t think of a 4th until I thought about my day. Planning really is one of the most important things you can do to stay on track. I knew I was going to dinner so I looked up the restaurant’s menu and found something that sounded like it would fit well with my diet: Chicken, tomatoes, broccoli, garlic and mozzarella. I scaled back my snack to give me more caloric wiggle room with dinner. All I needed to do was go in with a plan and stick to it, and it really wasn’t hard. Now, I didn’t eat all the chicken (there were 2 portions, so I stopped at one) but everything else fit well within the foods I should be eating. So…
4. Planning
I have to tell you, I’m actually having fun with this. Oh and the math! But that is a story for another post…
It was actually a pretty productive day, personally and professionally. I got the office in order and then in my down time made 2 spread sheets: One for meals and one for exercise. My plan is to post the meals in the kitchen and the exercise stuff can stay with my gym clothes. I’d sat down Tuesday night and planned out the rest of the week and found it so nice to just go to the list instead of standing around thinking about stuff at the last minute that I thought this would be worth a try.
Anyhow, Will and I went to From the Boot in Ambler (next to the Ambler Theater). It was nice, got a little noisier and a little busier by 7:30, but not bad at all. I got a side house salad with a vinaigrette dressing and their margharita chicken. Beware it comes with linguini and sauce on the side, had I realized this I would have told them to skip it instead of waste it. After dinner Will had tea and I had coffee. We headed back to the apartment where we met up with Frank for some chatting before Will got on the road home.
After he left I crunched the numbers and yes! I came in just under 1600 calories! Oh the triumph! When I sat down to journal my day the question to contemplate was “What 4 things will help you stay on track?” I put down these:
1. Keeping my enthusiasm up
2. Frank’s support
3. Keeping a positive attitude even when there are set backs
…and I couldn’t think of a 4th until I thought about my day. Planning really is one of the most important things you can do to stay on track. I knew I was going to dinner so I looked up the restaurant’s menu and found something that sounded like it would fit well with my diet: Chicken, tomatoes, broccoli, garlic and mozzarella. I scaled back my snack to give me more caloric wiggle room with dinner. All I needed to do was go in with a plan and stick to it, and it really wasn’t hard. Now, I didn’t eat all the chicken (there were 2 portions, so I stopped at one) but everything else fit well within the foods I should be eating. So…
4. Planning
I have to tell you, I’m actually having fun with this. Oh and the math! But that is a story for another post…
Labels: Diet

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home