Bear Necessities

Monday, March 08, 2010

Days 3-5

Well I can see that the whole journaling/blogging thing in the weekend is going to be a challenge! But, here is the weekend in review:


Friday was pretty normal. Breakfast, lunch and snack at work-loving the MUFA wrap by the way. After work Frank and I met with Jen and Amanda and roughed out the wedding invitations. They are going to get us a sample card in the next few weeks. We then went grocery shopping and once home we made dinner.

Saturday was sleeping in! Whoo hoo! Love that sleeping in! Once my nappiness was sated I got up and made dinner-a Breakfast BLT that was awesome! 2 strips of turkey bacon, muenster cheese, tomato, black olive tapenade and lettuce on a toasted whole wheat English muffin. It was quite a yummy way to start the day.

After that I dragged my laundry to the Laundromat and caught up with my mom and dad. Dad’s having a bunch of heart tests done, but nothing to be alarmed about (so they tell me). When laundry was done I headed to the gym for some quality time on the elliptical, then off to Trader Joes for some produce.

I got home and made lunch, a Dijon turkey wrap, and got sucked into a video game. On tap for Saturday night was seeing Alice in Wonderland (which rocked) and we decided to go out to dinner-Chinese. I admit I over indulged, but this was a set back, not a failure. After looking over the evening I really just need to watch portion control, so that’s my plan for next time.

Sunday I was back on the horse. A breakfast of sprouted cinnamon toast, peanut butter, oj and skim milk (separate glasses of course) and then I was off to the gym. I also picked up a few bins at the dollar store to organize the fridge. I got home, played in the fridge then made lunch-one of those starkist tuna salad pouches in a whole wheat pita with sunflower seeds on the side. After that it was up in the attic with me to work on costumes for The Steampunk World’s Faire. I can proudly say I got the pants done and they are pretty darned cool if I do say so myself. That leaves the ball gown and underbust to alter. Not too shabby.

Dinner was broccoli tofu stirfry. I used young broccoli (looks like broccoli rabe to me), cubed tofu, garlic, sesame oil, soy sauce and green chile then put it all over brown rice. Another winner on the recipe list. Post dinner was curling up on the couch with Frank and zoning out before bed.

All in all, a pretty good weekend. And Alice in Wonderland was FANTASTIC! I want to see it again!

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home